Privacy and Cookies Policy
The Energy Conference Network is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. If you provide information when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Energy Conference Network may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. This policy was updated in January 2015.
We may collect the following information:
- Name, job title and company.
- Contact information including physical and email address.
- Information such your preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to our offerings and offers.
We may also collect, store and use non-personal data about your visits to and use of this website.
What we do with the information we gather
We collect this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, specifically:
- To improve our products and services.
- Internal record keeping.
- To send promotional emails about products, offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- To contact you for market research purposes.
We may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability, and for marketing purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer’s hard drive. The cookie helps analyse web traffic and lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for marketing purposes, you may change your mind by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.